Wednesday, May 22, 2013

heads and tails






"I left my evening’s dinner wrapped in aluminium foil. My coffee pot was once made by Italian 
Fascists. I drink my coffee and the earth turns a little and then of course the sun drags its
nocturnality over the city."
- ritchie frater

this exhibition gets under one's skin
with its quite meditation on bodies and metal.
nails and needles, disassembly and placement
and lavender oil and dust.
it was a while ago now,
but that's ok.

richard frater
finally, we are metal
march 7-30
robert heald
209 left back, cuba mall
wellington

images: richard frater, anne 2012 (nail and needle, 2.7 x 1.2 x 4.6cm), arranged nail parts for floor 2013 (nails) and lovecraft 2013 (nail and lavender oil, 1.2 x 1.2 x 0.4cm) all from robert heald gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment